SUPPORT WORKER 20 hours per week £7.79 - £8.85 per hour (£8,101.60 – £9,204.00 pro-rata per annum) 7 weeks annual leave entitlement Workplace pension & Childcare vouchers
How would you like to work in a place where no day is the same?
Orchard Vale Trust is a registered charity with 30 years of experience in providing quality person-centred residential and day care services to people with learning disabilities.
An exciting opportunity for a positive and motivated person to join our team in Wookey has arisen. Your role will be to provide personalised support to residents; supporting them to manage their home and make positive life choices to continually move forward in their home and community.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Prompting or assisting with all domestic chores, including shopping and meal planning and preparation
- Assisting with medication
- Assisting and supporting residents to achieve outcomes and goals
- Supporting residents to develop life skills – such as cooking, laundry, budgeting, employment etc
- Be involved with activities such as arts and crafts, drama, musical evenings, gardening, shopping trips, day trips and holidays
- Making yourself available on a regular basis at an agreed, appointed time to assess and review your personal and professional progress
- Maintaining accurate resident records
You will need to be flexible and available to work a variety of shifts. Alternate weekend work and sleepover duties will be required.
Good communication skills and the ability to form trusting relationships are essential.
Previous experience of working with people with learning disabilities would be an advantage, but not necessary as full guidance, support and a comprehensive induction programme is provided.
Sponsorship to obtain professional qualifications after six months of employment is provided.
A generous annual leave entitlement of 7 weeks (pro-rata), workplace pension and childcare vouchers are available to all staff.
All applicants must hold a full UK driving licence.
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will include a check against the Barred adult list and references.
Please note we do not accept CV's. You will need to complete an Orchard Vale Trust application, which can be requested by contacting Crystal Barry via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01749 671706.