SUPPORT WORKER Ferndale, Shepton Mallet, Maternity Cover 18.75 hours per week 12 months fixed-term contract Salary: From £8.00 - £9.07 per hour (£7,800.00 - £8,843.25 per annum pro-rata)
How would you like to work in a place where no day is the same?
And be part of a friendly and supportive team with an organisation that offer excellent learning and development opportunities?
Orchard Vale Trust is a registered charity with 30 years of experience in providing quality person-centred residential and day care services to people with learning disabilities.
We are looking for a positive and motivated person to cover maternity leave in our Shepton Mallet home. Your role will be to provide personalised support to residents in all aspects of their daily lives; supporting them to manage their home and make positive life choices to continually move forward in their home and community. Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Prompting or assisting with all domestic chores, including shopping and meal planning and preparation
• Assisting with medication
• Assisting and supporting residents to achieve outcomes and goals
• Supporting residents to develop life skills – such as cooking, laundry, budgeting, employment etc
• Be involved with activities such as arts and crafts, gardening, shopping trips, trips and holidays
• Making yourself available on a regular basis at an agreed, appointed time to assess and review your personal and professional progress
• Maintaining accurate resident records
To be successful you will need to promote effective communication and positive relationships with our residents, their families and staff.
Alternate weekend work and sleepover duties will be required.
Previous experience of working with people with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and complex needs would be an advantage, but not necessary as full guidance, support and a comprehensive induction programme will be provided.
All applicants must hold a full UK driving licence.
A generous annual leave entitlement of 7 weeks (pro-rata), workplace pension and childcare vouchers are available to all staff.
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will include a check against the Barred adult list and references.
Should you wish to apply for this position please contact: